Thursday, July 12, 2012

Archibald Gracie and Lawrence Beesley 1912

Dear Readers,

This week I am featuring history that happened in 1912-1914. It has been an interesting week for novel research. The following is from a website by an author who wrote a recent book about the Titanic.

"For years I avoided writing a historical novel because of fear of research, but when Kathleen E. Kovach and I decided to write a contemporary novel with a historical frame about the Titanic, I discovered I could get lost in historical research. As I've worked the last many months on Titanic: Legacy of Betrayal, a passion has grown within me to offer accurate and interesting historical detail. I've read a few of the Titanic novels that have already begun surfacing. While I love many of the stories, I've been disappointed in most of their historical accounting.

Most of us know the big picture stuff about the Titanic, but it's the little known facts or more complete descriptions I want to share. The trick is to plant them seamlessly into a story riveting enough to move the reader forward. I want my readers to come away feeling they've learned something about Titanic without being bored by too much history."  Click here to read more.

(If the link does not take you directly to the piece, scroll down unti you find it. I've been having problems getting the links to work correctly this week.)

Enjoy,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment